Volunteers play an important role in the fraternity as mentors, coaches, managers and trainers. Beta invests significantly in the training and support of volunteers at all levels of the organization, including as General Fraternity Officers, chapter advisors and house corporation volunteers.
Key Volunteer Resources
A hallmark characteristic of Beta Theta Pi has been its deep bench of chapter advisors who tirelessly serve the Fraternity they love.
The need to enlist talented individuals to coach Beta collegians is constant. If you are interested in getting involved, or know a rock star who should be recruited, please complete this Volunteer Referral Form.
The following platforms and pages are available to support chapter advisors:
- Beta’s Online Learning Center provides access to position descriptions, operating calendars, best practices, and other lessons and resources. Contact Beta’s Administrative Office at 800.800.BETA if you have difficulty logging in.
- The Collegiate Resources page of Beta’s website hosts information related to Standard Chapter Operating Expectations, chartering, awards, and chapter operations areas like finance, member education, risk management and more.
Volunteer Lunch and Learn
Browse the entire collection of Lunch and Learn webinars, which include some of the topics mentioned below. Volunteers from across Beta’s Broad Domain come together the last Wednesday of every month to share in important topics pertinent to their role. Learn from industry experts and peer best practices. Click here to learn more about Lunch and Learn, as well as register for upcoming programs.
- Advisor Motivation and Appreciation
- Advisor Recruitment and Retention
- A New Generation of Students
- Effective Officer Transitions
- Title IX Policies and Procedures
“Good friend, I am building this bridge for him.”
– “Building the Bridge,” Miss Will Allen Dromgoole
House Corporation Volunteers
The documents and resources provided here are intended for use by house corporation volunteers and chapters. If you identify a need and don’t find it here, please contact Chief Housing Officer John Reineke.
Basic House Corporation Documents
- Billhighway Platinum Program
- Establishing a House Corporation
- Generic House Corporation Articles of Incorporation
- Generic House Corporation Bylaws
- Whistleblower Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage
- Insurance Resource Manual
- Insurance Contact Information
- Cornerstone Renewal Memo
- Reporting a Property Claim
Alumni Relations and Fundraising