What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a survey, fill out a form, join the organization or volunteer.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number or other demographic information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process a transaction (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates about your order, in addition to receiving occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc.)
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, emails you receive from our broadcast email provider, Higher Logic, include a link to unsubscribe from ALL types of emails globally. (This is the same as removing your address from our database. We will no longer be able to contact you via that email address.) Instead, we recommend logging in to my.beta.org and selecting My Profile to update your Communication Preferences. My Profile gives you more granular control over what types of email you would like to receive from us.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive and credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and must keep the information confidential.
Financial transactions are processed by way of tokens between Beta Theta Pi and the credit card processor. Sensitive information (specifically, credit cards and social security numbers) are not stored on our servers.